Friday, August 28, 2009

storing food for the winter

8-28-09
This is my first time in creating a blog. This is also my first try in doing it myself without any help from my very literate computer savy children. I don't know if this will work out and it isn't very fancy but what can you expect for a first time. I have enjoyed reading my siblings blogs and it is a great way to keep in touch. So I will try. I will have to get better at this so I can add pictures because that is what I like looking at the most on other peoples blogs.
This is a very busy time of year for me. I have a garden on the lot next door. Yes, it is big, and it supplies all the vegestables throughout the year for my family and my childrens families. But that requires me to bottle and freeze it. This is the time of year that everything matures and is ready to process. So here is a list of the things I and my children have done this year. Green beans, tomatoes, salsa, peaches, corn, raspberries, black raspberries, strawberries, and jam from all the berries above mentioned. My two married daughters help me and we split the bounty. It makes for a fun and wild day as they bring their 7 children with them. The oldest is 10 so the kids run around and play with cousins while us moms work. I have some wonderful daughters because right before they leave they clean up all of the messes that their kids made while they were here.
My husband also loves to archery hunt for elk and deer. That is also going on at this time of year. Usually we all come up to the favorite hunting spot and camp while he is hunting.
So for three weekends now we have spent all our time in the mountains. We go up on Friday after the kid gets out of school and come home late on Saturday night. Then church and meetings on Sunday. This weekend I didn't go up with the hunters. All the other families that go and their young kids couldn't come up so I stayed home this weekend. So now I'm making a blog instead.
I have 2 children on missions for our church. I write them letters every week and forward my letters to my friends and family. They will be coming home soon. My son in 3 weeks and 6 days and my daughter in 2 months. The family has said they will miss my letters so this blog will hopefully take it's place.
I wish you all a great day. Mariedelbeatle

1 comment:

  1. Hi, so glad that you are on the blogosphere! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete